Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Momma's DeFrag Button!

Last week I was complaining about my computer being slow and sluggish.  I told my friend Jayson, "It is like it can't find what I am looking for."  He suggested that I set up my computer to DEFRAG over night.

Now, I consider myself a computer literate person, and I knew what "defrag" meant, and that I should do it.  But I never really understood what it did for my computer.  My friend helped me understand what it meant for my computer to get this help every once in a while.

Well fast forward a few days and several stressful, crazy days later, and I come to realize something.

I NEED TO DEFRAG....Where Momma's Defrag Button?

Talking with my Ladies Group at church last night and then again while having lunch with momma 2  (that would be mother-in-laws to others, but that is another blog), I began to realize WHY I have felt more stressed than normal lately.  "I can't seem to focus" I told my momma-2  "When I try to focus and get a task done, I can't for all the other stuff I need to do rushing in."

Then this evening when I sat to do my evening emails and getting frustrated with my computer again, it all hit me.  Mommas like me (and every other working mom I know)  need to defrag every night.  But now the big question is HOW?

How do I do that?  I go to bed mind whirling with the activities of the day, what I need to do for the next day and ALL I did not get accomplished today.  Then I manage to work all that into crazy my dreams into even more crazy ways.  And when I wake up, the switch is on and I can't seem to figure out where to get started, sometimes I just want to say forget, I won't do any of it. I want a break.  So I sluggishly go thru the day and eventually get the HAVE TO programs open and running.

Then while writing this I decided, well I can't just leave it like this,   I need to defrag.. poor me... now what? I need to wrap this back around and give some suggestions or at least figure out what I am going to do to try to defrag my mind.  So, I blogged about my idea (of a mommy defrag button)  and I am going to start doing a better list making process (big items, not to specific) and ask  GOD to help me get through that list each day.

Tonight is my first attempt, so I will keep you posted on my progress.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe the answer is an "optimization button". A way to be organized and productive while enjoying the journey and smiling at the obstacles that attempt to derail us because we know that it can't be done.

    ReplyDelete