Saturday, October 10, 2009

God keeps a notepad on me!


As I said before, I consider myself a religious person, but on more of a casual level. I like to think I have random "chats" with GOD throughout the day, rather than meditation and quite time. Let's face it.. what is quite time?

Over the years in those chats with GOD, I have found myself being judgmental of others. Not realizing at the time that GOD had a little note pad he keeps during our chats. Where me keeps track of all the dumb, stupid, funny and judgemental things I say about others. Then... at just the right moment, maybe a few weeks, maybe a few months and in some cases a few years he has held on to these notes and comments of mine...then at that right time he pulls out the note book and has me reinact the EXACT thing I said I would never do or allow to happen to me.. HAPPEN. Lets give an example or two, shall we?

The first one that always comes to mind, and really made me aware of HIS little note pad came about 2-3 years after I made this statement to myself (and HIM)

I was in a public restroom and a mother with her 3 or 4 year old came in to use the changing table. I was using the other changing Clayton my oldest. Clayton was about a year old at this time. She and I chatted and made "mommy chat" for a moment when her little one, in adult like manner said "Mommy that baby is getting his diaper changed too"

At that moment I said to myself, "That child is entirely too old to still be wearing diapers. What is that mother thinking?"

Well, I do think the good Lord bold and underlined that statement in his book, because I paid for it. After several, YEARS, of potty training, my oldest, Clayton was still wearing diapers at age 4 and pull-ups through age 5. I just about pulled every hair in my head out. I tried it all and finally, slowly but finally he succeeded. But I do think it was all because of my haist to judge that mother so many years before.

I have tons of those and you would think I have learned my lesson and I am learning but still a work in progress. What I am trying to say that even if you don't judge "out loud" the most important still hears you and knows what is in your hear. So stop and think next time before you make a comment or are quick to judge someone. You don't know their heart and their specific situation. Who know's it could be you, down the road in the same situation.

til tomorrow, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment