Sunday, October 11, 2009

Remembering my childhood

This weekend was spent enjoying the fellowship of our church family. First Christian Church of Owenton dedicated the new Fellowship Area this weekend. I loved it.

The activities reminded me of my childhood. I remember as a pre-teen and teenager have activities and gatherings at church many weekends. With youth group or full church events we would have food ( of course nothing better than a good church potluck) and singing and sermons and playing with church friends. I remember those times fondly. What happened to that? When I was a youth our friends were our church friends. We hung out with each other, at church or at each other houses; had sleepovers and Sunday afternoon gatherings.. many were family or extended family members too, but none-the-less that church family was my social network.

Anyway, this weekend was a great reminder of that. I do hope my children get to experience those times and have those memories for themselves. I remember mine fondly and relived them a little this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Well - since you and Ashley have a blog - I started one 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a blog!!! I don't know if this makes you super cool or spent way toooooooo much time on the computer????????????? Either way I love ya! Do you ever sleep? When do you have time to blog? You are Super Mom!

    ReplyDelete